Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The cause of Teenage Violence



Of course I do believe that video games,music, and technology is part of the reason violence is such a problem now these day. So much time and energy is spent on the internet or playing games that social behavior isn't even a factor in their life in some cases. Sometimes not be sociable can do something to a child's mind, because just about every human being has a urge to associate with other human beings. And when there not able to do so it effects them mentally. Though at the same time I can't say all technology is the blame for violence and anti social children. Sometimes you have to look at the mind of that individual. Its not always just the technology, but the persons mental state. But we can't just blame technology, I mean sometimes it's just the content of the things you choose to entertain yourself with. It could even be a book, if it's violent and contains a lot of graphic imagery I'm sure it could have the same effect as playing a video game or watching a T.V. show. Look at the book Macbeth, it's considered a great book and is used in schools to teach children, but yet this book contains bloody violence, murder, and sex. But since it's a book the world doesn't view it as bad as playing a violent video game or watching a violent T.V. program. I feel like all sources of entertainment effects us in a way, but we can just blame it on the entertainment at some time we have to look at the mental state of the individual as well. Everybody has a choice when it comes to taking a violent action, so we can't just point fingers at technology because technology didn't make the choice for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment