Tuesday, July 2, 2013
1920 What stuck out
1920 of Sula It felt like a struggle. When I was reading the part about how Helen and her daughter were going on a trip to the south. Everything they were going through just seemed like it would be to much for me. I couldn't travel having to worry bout if my way of transportation is for colored or non colored people, and having people stare at me because the color of my skin or because I don't fit in with the racial standards of my skin color. When I read the part about how there was no bathroom on the train I was like dang that has to suck, having to hold it in the whole ride. I'm just sitting asking my self how could you do that? I probably would of gave up and let it out. I'm glad I'm not a girl though cause when I read that part about how they had to learn how to squat and use the bathroom, I was glad I can stand up. It was kind of nasty though because it was talking about how they had to learn to squat the right way cause if they didn't there urine would drip down there stalking or whatever it is called. I was kind of curious though how Nel's grandmother died because they said she died when she was forty something, that was crazy to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment