Friday, July 12, 2013

1941 Death

I know Sula wasn't everybody's favorite but it sure seemed like everybody was happy when she died. It seemed like nobody even felt just a little bad about it. I mean dang someone died, I don't think anybodies death is a good situation. Even if they were the baddest person in the world. I think it was just because they no longer have a threat or anybody to talk about and blame things on anymore. The bad thing is once Sula died, the women no longer held on to there husbands basically everybody reverted back to their old ways. Which means they really didn't learn from that mistake. I think that's really messed up though. So the only reason everybody stuck together because they thought Sula was that big of a threat. It would of been nice to know they continued holding each other close even after Sula's death. After Sula's death it seemed like good things seemed to start happening. Like the work on the tunnel letting African Americans work on it. I'm sure that helped out a lot of the Bottom people since most of them couldn't work during the cold weather and kids were getting sick as well. But despite the good that was happening there was a lot of death. I really wasn't expecting the Dewey's to die in the tunnel, everybody else didn't really surprise me, though that was still a lot of people that died.

No comments:

Post a Comment