Monday, July 8, 2013

1927 Drifting apart

This chapter to me symbolizes the changes that usually occur after high school. I lot of different things are thrown at you after you graduate high school. People you once called your best friend are no longer that. You don't see everyone you once associated with. Others are moving or going to college and you never see them again. Then the rest are either getting married or got pregnant and have to stay in there town to support a family. All this seems to the changes that happened with Nel and Sula. The only thing is that Sula is going to college and is leaving Nel but she doesn't want to, Nel is also getting married at the time so both have started changing as they take different paths in there life. This is so similar to how life is after graduating I felt distant from a lot of my friends. I don't even stay in contact with a lot of them. I only keep in touch with about two. But this chapter was easy to relate with because it is a transition I'm going through right now. Its just a shame in the story that Sula didn't say anything to Nel before she left, I tried to visited as many of my friends as possible before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment