Monday, July 22, 2013
My Research
In the Library I had a lot of trouble finding the books I wanted to use for my research. I looked everywhere possible for my subject on "Absent Fathers" I found some philosophy books about children's behavior, but nothing really pinpointed on what I was talking about. I found this non- fiction book called "Sons On Fathers" It was about this child who strongly admired is dad, until their parents had a divorce and he hasn't seen him for three years and felt like he was a stranger. I think this book shows how even children that do have their fathers in there lives, are effected when their fathers are gone due to the cause of an unexpected situation between the mother and father. I also looked up two articles about the emotional and the long term outcome of children that have missing fathers. Both articles really get into the racial aspect of missing fathers, since African American's seem to be the the first thing you think about when it comes to missing or absent fathers. It also elaborates on the burden the mother bares from having to take on the full responsibility both a mother and father would have to carry, while she and her children are healing from the fathers absents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment