Thursday, July 18, 2013

Argumentative Writting



To day in class I see that in order to create a good argumentative writing essay I need to grab the readers attention. By having a interesting statement that can create a hot topic that can be discussed with various opinions. Thinking outside the box is the key to making a good paper. Sometimes me as a student will get caught up in the logical aspect of my paper and forget to talk about broad subjects that can be incorporated into my paper adding some depth to it. In order for me to make my paper broader I need to make sure I state a claim. Look at the bigger picture, and take topics that aren't directly in the story, but can still be related to it. It has to bring up every debatable question, and identify them. While at the same time making sure my statements can be backed up by research can be backed up by reliable scholarly people and resources. So any kind of real life situation that goes on regularly can be used as a theme to help me elaborate more on the subject. Lastly I want to make sure I make the reader a believer of my argument. I need to make my argument so convincing that I can change my readers opinion to agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment