Today's discussions were heated. The Trevon Martin case brought up a lot of emotions. Mostly everybody felt Zimmerman should be in jail, and felt that the choice to let him go was do to racism. A girl stated in front of a group of a all white jury that he called her a cracker. I feel like that had a big impact on the case. I'm going to go look up that interview we watched in class about Trevon's step mother. I feel like if I watched the rest of it I will have a better understanding why the case ended the way it did. Though either way I feel like it ended the wrong way regardless. The argumentative essay discussions are really helping me gather ideas about what I want to write about. I really want to make sure when I write that first introduction paragraph that I spark a plug in my readers mind, whether they agree or disagree. When I state my argument I want the reader to feel as if they have no choice but to give a reply to my statement. So I will make sure I bring up every possible detail and answer to any question or counter argument that can be brought up. That way just like my Professor said " Make them a believer." and that's what I intend to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment