Tuesday, July 2, 2013
1919 best moments
When the story began in 1919 the description in the book when it talked about world war II gave me a clear vision of what was happening I actually felt like I was there. Like when I first read about how the guy in the war was running and his brain was falling out It just reminded me of the movie " Major Pain" and " Forest Gump" but " Forest Gump" is more relative when I think of chapter 1919 of "Sula" , because of that one scene in the movie where forest goes to save his higher up when he call for an air attack and his legs were dead so he couldn't get away before the bombing. When it comes to " Major Payne" It reminded me of the first scene of the movie where Major Payne was in war and his friend's legs got blown off and he was screaming in pain. He said " I can't feel my legs" and that part always makes me laugh, But then he Major Payne says, " Want to know a trick to take your mind off that pain?" and he snaps his finger and breaks it. I don't know why both those parts of the movie stand out when it comes to this part of "Sula". I was confused the whole chapter of 1919 though, I didn't know if Shadrack had hands or not. It seemed very contradicting because one moment he couldn't even tie his shoes and the next moment he's pulling the sheets on over himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment