Thursday, July 11, 2013

1940 It comes out the closet

I'm kind of surprised that Nel decided to visit Sula in her sick condition even though she messed up there friendship. She even did her a favor and got her medicine for her from the drug store. It just seems like she sucked up her emotions and was trying to be the bigger person in a way. Then again she had about three years to recover from that situation. Though I have a feeling some emotions were still roaming inside of her because she asked bout why she slept with Jude. It must of been tough to not only sit there and help the person you once called your friend, but to also ask her why she felt it was alright to have sex with her husband. In a way it seems like she's just trying to get the truth out of her so she will have a sense of peace because she knows why Sula did it now. Its crazy to me how Sula doesn't have any regrets about her life at all. If I knew that pretty much everybody in my town hated me and disliked me, calling me out of my name and, making up over exaggerated stories to make me look as if I'm a devils child, I would be pretty upset. I'd feel like something about me has to change because I couldn't deal with people taking bout me behind my back. Then again I'm not Sula so I can't expect a character in a story to think like me. I wish she would have died with a little more humility and heart felt repentance about the things she did that were actually wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment