Things seemed to be getting better in the Bottom. Its good that people are mixing together I think that's how it should be anyways. I think diversity in a community makes people more well rounded, and they say you imitate the people you hang around. And that's exactly what happened, a lot of the black people had good jobs and were doing well for themselves. Not only that but they were well educated, one of them was a junior high school mathematics teacher. Nels life seem so simple after things when down with Sula. It was almost like she settled for what she had and didn't strive for anything better. I would have at least tried to better myself and do things to make myself happy. I was kind of surprised Nel was even thinking about Eva after Sula's death. Eva seemed like the last person that might be on Nels mind. But Eva's bluntness seem to open Nels mind to the truth, and it helped her to understand herself better. Nel seemed blind to the truth about herself as if she was living a lie her whole life. But now she has come to term with her feelings and is able to show her feelings about her long gone friend Sula.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
1965 The end
Things seemed to be getting better in the Bottom. Its good that people are mixing together I think that's how it should be anyways. I think diversity in a community makes people more well rounded, and they say you imitate the people you hang around. And that's exactly what happened, a lot of the black people had good jobs and were doing well for themselves. Not only that but they were well educated, one of them was a junior high school mathematics teacher. Nels life seem so simple after things when down with Sula. It was almost like she settled for what she had and didn't strive for anything better. I would have at least tried to better myself and do things to make myself happy. I was kind of surprised Nel was even thinking about Eva after Sula's death. Eva seemed like the last person that might be on Nels mind. But Eva's bluntness seem to open Nels mind to the truth, and it helped her to understand herself better. Nel seemed blind to the truth about herself as if she was living a lie her whole life. But now she has come to term with her feelings and is able to show her feelings about her long gone friend Sula.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment